- Foreign Direct Investment in Bangladesh ,
- Doing business in Bangladesh,
Company Formation process in Bangladesh is easier but need to follow some rules and laws of the country especially in case of foreign investor.
Foreign Company Registration in Bangladesh is possible (100% Foreign Investment, Joint Venture, Virtual/ Branch/ Liason Office, Foundation), let’s see how they are doing business in Bangladesh and generate revenue.
There is many opportunity of investment in different sectors. All government gives priority to foreign investment to start business in Bangladesh.
Company Registration/ Formation/ incorporation in Bangladesh, FDI in Bangladesh,
S & F Consulting Firm Limited, Email: email@example.com, Skype: forhadhossain79
1. Why USD 50,000 is required in terms of Foreign Investment in Bangladesh ?
As rules of government , Foreign Investors have to deposit minimum USD 50,000 in terms of inward remittance, business Visa, foreign employment Visa, official expenses & other.
2. Do the Foreign Branch office is Tax exampted or do not ?
Yes, Foreign Branch/ Representative/ Liason office is out of Tax Payer in Bangladesh but they need to submit Tax return ONLY, yearly.
3. What is Encashment certificate? Is is necessary to incorporate the foreign company (100 own/ JV) ?
Yes. Encashment certificate is required to incorporate the foreign company in Bangladesh. Encashment certificate is issued by bank against PAID UP/ INVESTMENT amount of the company.
4. What is the ratio of man power of Foreign Company (100% own, JV, Branch office) ?
1 : 5 , mean One Foreign Employee is equal of Five local employees.
5. Is BOI permission required to start foreign business in Bangladesh?
No. it is not required always. BOI permission is required for PI & E Visa, remittance & others. But in case of Joint Venture (JV) company foreign investors can start business by incorporation certificate & Trade License.
6. Can expatriate transfer the profit to the mother / own country from Bangladesh ?
Yes, they can do so by the approval of Bangladesh Bank.
7. How longer takes time to complete all procedure of company formation?
Except branch/ rep/ liason office it takes almost 30 days to complete all procedure. Because all foreign applications are placed before the meeting of Board of Investment which usually held once in a month. All applications for permission of foreign branch office are placed before the meeting of BOI with all required documents for approval.
8. How longer will be allowed to pay the amount of USD 50,000 after permission of Branch Office?
Almost 2 (two) months. If failed to bring the said amount in the period the applicants have to carry extra charge 5 % each month.
9. Can branch office transfer the profit in mother country?
No. branch/ rep/ liason offices are not allowed to transfer any profit & branch offices are not allowed to do business in Bangladesh.